APA Formatting Help
One among the popular formatting and citation style guideline used in a variety of academic fields from psychology to sociology to social work, the American Psychological Association (APA) style is known for being clear, concise and straightforward. But as with the other formatting styles, its rules and regulations are lengthy, confusing and frustrating. That is why you should look for a typing service near me to help with your formatting.
Trying to remember what format to use for headings and subheading, whether to put commas or not distracts you from concentrating on the actual content. As experts in proofreading and editing for all styles including APA, we are more than happy to take that burden of formatting off your shoulders. We will provide you with all the APA formatting and any typing service you need.
What Is APA Format Paper?
To establish clarity of communication, there are several widely accepted rules of style. Publishers have developed these rules to ensure consistent written work. The American Psychological Association (APA) style is one among the established formats for presenting research papers, manuscripts, and thesis mostly in the areas of social science and literature. It gives specific guidelines on:
- How to use punctuations and abbreviations
- The writing style and tone
- Formatting of headings, subheading, paragraphs and bulleting
- Presenting statistical data
- The proper construction of tables
- Citation of references
- Footnotes and appendices
In short, the APA document format tells you how to format each and every data on your research paper or manuscript. The complete style guidelines can be found in ‘The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association’. Sounds too comprehensive? Remember, you can always ask for professional editing help from our online secretarial services.
In-text citation in an APA format paper:
Regions of the brain thought to be important for emotional detection remain relatively intact with aging (reviewed by Chow & Cummings, 2000). Thus, it is plausible that the detection of emotional information remains relatively stable as adults age. However, despite the preservation of emotion-processing regions with age (or perhaps because of the contrast between the preservation of these regions and age-related declines in cognitive-processing regions; Good et al., 2001; Hedden & Gabrieli, 2004; Ohnishi, Matsuda, Tabira, Asada, & Uno, 2001; Raz,2000; West, 1996), recent behavioral research has revealed changes that occur with aging in the regulation and processing of emotion. References according to APA:
Armony, J. L., & Dolan, R. J. (2002). Modulation of spatial attention by fear-conditioned stimuli: An event-related fMRI study. Neuropsychologia, 40, 817–826. doi:10.1016/S0028-3932%2801%2900178-6
Beck, A. T., Epstein, N., Brown, G., & Steer, R. A. (1988). An inventory for measuring clinical anxiety: Psychometric properties. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology,56, 893–897. doi:10.1037/0022-006X.56.6.893
Some Guidelines of the APA Style Book Are
- Bibliographic list of references.
- The bibliographic list if is first arranged in the alphabetic order by author and then chronological by work.
- The author’s name is listed first by the last name, first initial, then middle initial.
- The periodical’s titles are italicized with the worlds of the title capitalized.
- The titles of books are capitalized through ‘sentence-style’ capitalization.
- In the in-text citations, the author’s name, year of publication and page number are included.
- Double spaced lines are used throughout the document.
- Page number and a shortened title of the paper is written on the upper right of every page.
Why APA Document Format?
Other than the obvious reason that your university, department or research organization requires you to use APA document format, there are several other reasons why you should consider following its guidelines.
- It gives an overall uniformity to your document allowing readers to easily understand your writing and proceed through your material more efficiently.
- It helps you stick to acceptable terms and words and discourages from writing biased terms. For e.g. the “Non-discriminatory language” section of the manual.